Saturday, July 10, 2021

Succotash Treasure Hunt



Msickquatash/Succotash Treasure Hunt

Last night I opened the fridge and peered in hoping to be inspired. The fridge was full of tiny leftovers - a small container of leftover homemade pizza sauce, a handful of peas, two corns on the cob, a dish of cooked mushrooms, a sad bunch of cooked asparagus and some cousa squash I had forgotten to cook.
I’m not sure I had the traditional ingredients for succotash but that came to mind. The pizza sauce mixed with a little water to make it thinner already had onions, salt, pepper, oregano and basil. I chopped the asparagus and mushrooms, took the kernels off the corn and added the peas to the tomato sauce.  Next I chopped up the fresh cousa and threw that in the pot, uncooked, I thought it would give it all a nice crunch. It actually was delicious, we  just heated it all up.



No comments:

Post a Comment